Classy Games Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

☰ Open Navigation

Latest topics
Management Quota Admission Open 2018 -19 Fri May 25, 2018 7:44 amrajkapurkm
Enter as Student...Exit as Professional!!Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:39 pmShizuka
Hello!!Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:35 pmShizuka
Digital marketing serviceTue Jan 23, 2018 10:24 amwwwww
Digital marketing services in Bangalore IndiaTue Jan 23, 2018 10:23 amwwwww
Classy Games Project IdeasSun Dec 17, 2017 3:16 pmMatita
Awesome Music VideosSun Nov 26, 2017 8:43 pmApril
Whatever WarsMon Nov 20, 2017 9:57 amMrJamieMcC
Welcome VeteransWed Nov 08, 2017 8:29 amMatita
GroupsTue Nov 07, 2017 4:29 pmMrJamieMcC
Low Poly TankMon Nov 06, 2017 8:16 pmMrJamieMcC
What mic do i need?Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:10 pmMrJamieMcC
Moonlit Development GamesSat Nov 04, 2017 12:11 pmDylan
Mentioning UsersSat Nov 04, 2017 11:42 amMrJamieMcC
Intro to 3D positional sound in Unreal EngineFri Nov 03, 2017 6:44 pmmoradenayet
Game Off - 5th annual GitHub game jamWed Nov 01, 2017 2:54 pmMatita
Ludum Dare 40th RecruitmentTue Oct 31, 2017 11:02 pmMrJamieMcC
What is one of your favorite art styles?Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:24 pmMatita
Tips on how to approveTue Oct 31, 2017 7:43 pmMatita

Go down
MrJamieMcC
MrJamieMcC
Administrator
http://jamiemcclenaghan.co.uk

Whats your childhood game? Empty Whats your childhood game?

Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:57 am
I played games when i was really young. Game such as Star Wars Battlefront 2, LOTR The 2 Towers, Crash Racing and much more - though those were all single player/local co-op games. That being said, although those games were glorious for me i got really into gaming when i got Xbox 360 live. I remember LOVING the Halo 3 campaign but when i got Xbox live it was like i was heaven. I remember loading into my very first online game. I couldn't stop playing for hours. I remember playing as soon as i woke up until i went to bed for weeks. It was just a great experience. I loved Halo 3 and i met some great people online an became friends with them. A few years down the line i set up a clan on game battles called Warthog Warriors. We had over 60 members in the team and we rarely lost battles. They were the good ol' days.

So whats your child hood game?
Dylan
Dylan
Junior Moderator
http://moonlitdevelopment.blogspot.com.mt/

Whats your childhood game? Empty Re: Whats your childhood game?

Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:38 pm
Still love the old Command and Conquer games - Tiberium Sun, Renegade, Red Alert 2, Generals and so on; played those so much when I was younger. There was also Warcraft 2 and Starcraft, as well as Dune 2000. Non-RTS games wise, I still remember spending hours playing Halo Combat Evolved, and Halo 2, Deus Ex and Guild Wars 1. I think the most recent of those games that I've played has to be either Red Alert 2 or Deus Ex. 

Deus Ex especially has been pretty special and dear to me, have written at least two papers during my Masters degree centered around that game. I think it's the way it treats it's characters as being real - and asks questions relevant to our real world. Deus Ex Human Revolution's live action trailer really hit home for me because of this fact; that the game world it self was it's own thing but it directly could relate to our real world experiences and questions.
MrJamieMcC
MrJamieMcC
Administrator
http://jamiemcclenaghan.co.uk

Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:22 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Command and Conquer were amazing games. What i loved about them compared to other RTS was that the AI (from my experience) didn't rush to win. They build a good base and we fought with huge armies. Red alert for me wasn't amazing, it was just a rush game imo. I've never played Deus Ex but i've heard it was good.
Dylan
Dylan
Junior Moderator
http://moonlitdevelopment.blogspot.com.mt/

Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:10 am
Deus Ex was pretty great - might be hard to get into if you're not into the old graphics style because it's graphical side didn't really age very well. Still it's a very good game, and something I would recommend for someone to try out, if you can get over the old game-play and graphics ^^
April
April

Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:38 pm
Crash bandicoot all the way baby!!!
Rocketman Dan
Rocketman Dan

Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:54 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Harry potter games in General. They were clearly made by people that had read the books and knew the source well and loved it. Harry Potter Quidditch World cup was the first game I played on my original xbox I got for my 7th birthday. I played it a lot and I have fond memories of it. Before that I played MS flight sim and some kids games on PC. I played the original Harry Potter and the Philosopher's stone on PC in that time. On my original Xbox I got All the HP games from Chamber of Secrets up to Goblet of Fire. Prisoner of Azkaban was the best one. Had lots of niche nods to the books and played the best in my opinion. Quidditch World Cup was easily the best one though and the one that was strongly tied to my childhood.
moradenayet
https://moradenayet.wixsite.com/moradenayet

Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:37 pm
Doom, Quake, Tomb Raider. I also vividly remember spending a lot of time on this game called Crusader:No Remorse. Fun times.
Matita
Junior Moderator
https://matita.github.io/

Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:41 pm
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
I played a lot of games in the DOS era, most remarkable ones being: Prince of Persia I & II, Civilization, X-Wing, The Secret of Monkey Island I & II, Indiana Jones II & IV, Flashback (oh how I loved Flashback, btw there is someone who's making a game heavily inspired by Flashback, you can see a detailed work in progress on his Twitter feed)

I happily remember watching my eldest brother playing Eye of the Beholder with a little 8-years-old me beside him drawing the maps of all the levels tile by tile.

But I can reliably say that THE game I loved was UFO: Enemy Unknown aka X-COM: UFO Defense aka X-COM 1, the original game that led to the recent remade X-COM series (that, I confess, I still haven't played, shame on me).
It was a piece of art and programming, it was many games in one, resource management, science researches, planning, air combat, turn based strategy combat, RPG (in a broad sense...).
It had a really polished time unit mechanic to rule how many actions a character could do in a turn, and a still praised path finding algorithm based on that.
OxayMint
OxayMint

Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:56 pm
Parasite Eve 2
C-12: The Final Resistance
Xena: Warrior Princess
Golden Axe 3
Desert Strike
Can't tell more from the top of my head but these are ones of the best

UPD: Oh and of course Resident Evil series, first Silent Hill, Tomb Raider series, Crash Bandicoot
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum